L&M Engines LM354BC 5.8L Aluminum Short Block With Billet Crankshaft
Our LM354BC short block package is a short block based off of our LM354S with the addition of our ductile Iron Sleeves and a billet crankshaft. The LM354BC is for those of you whom are looking to squeeze out every bit of reliable power. Our sleeved blocks have been proven to hold massive horsepower pass after pass.
Ford 5.8L Aluminum Block
||Ductile Iron Flanged Sleeves
|Pistons||LM880 Custom Pistons (9.5:1 CR, other compression ratios available)|
|Rods||Oliver I Beam Billet Rods|
|Rings||Total Seal Steel Rings for GT500 Plasma Bore|
|Rod Bearings||King Engine XPN Series|
|Main Bearings||King Engine HP Series|
|Fasteners||ARP ARP main studs and side bolts|
5.8L GT500 Aluminum Block
Builds include a Ford 5.8L GT500 aluminum engine block as used in the GT500s, we put this block into our CNC to machine for sleeves and finish the block with our ductile iron sleeves.
If you would like to reuse your old block, please call or email us to obtain an updated quote since pricing will differ when using customer supplied engine components.
New Billet Crankshaft
L&M Engines Custom Series Pistons
The stock pistons are a weak spot in the modular engine design. Our custom pistons retain the beneficial features while significantly improving the overall design.
- Designed in house by L&M Engines and Manufactured by Diamond Pistons
- Ceramic coated piston domes
- .300” thick piston domes
- .300” down ring
- .130”+ skirts
- Teflon coated skirts
Oliver I Beam Billet Rods
Oliver I beam billet connecting rods.
King Engine Rod and Main Bearings
- King Rod Bearings XPN Series
- King Main Bearings HP Series
Full Race Engine Prep
Every engine gets the full race preparation whether it’s destined for the street or the track.
- Measure main bearing bores and alignment
- Install honing stress plates to measure plasma spray cylinders for size and fit
- Wash block for assembly
- Install pistons on rods with locks and check clearances
- Digitally balanced crankshaft
- Polish crankshaft and check journal dimensions
- Wash crankshaft for assembly
- Precision file end gaps of piston rings for required application
- Measure main & rod clearances, selective fit bearings for proper oil clearance, install bearings
- Assemble Ford Modular engine to short block configuration
- Review all dimensions & clearances
- Final QA and inspection