The L&M Difference - When Off the Shelf Won’t Make the Cut
Why settle for “Off the Shelf” products?
Here at L&M, we go above and beyond standard engine building design to offer specialized products that meet the highest performance requirements.
Continuing the tradition, we have developed pistons to fit the Ford Coyote 5.0L engine.
- Retains highly valued factory cooling nozzles
- Ceramic coated tops for heat dissipation
- Teflon coated and Reinforced skirts for friction reduction and strength
- Hardened tool steel wrist pin for lifespan longevity
- Built in, not cut, valve pockets
- Bore: 3.630"
- Stroke: 3.5433"
- Rod: 5.933"
- C.D: 1.22
- Pin: .866" x 2.500" with .200" Wall
- CC's: +4cc
- Relief: .187" intake x .065" exhaust
- Crown: .300" down minimum
- Skirt: .130" Minimum
Continuing with our tradition of high strength pistons for supercharger or turbocharger applications we’ve developed pistons to fit the Ford Coyote 5.0L engine. All of our custom pistons come standard with ceramic coated crowns and Teflon coated skirts for durability. In order to withstand added combustion heat and overheating, our pistons feature a 0.300”+ thick piston crowns, 0.300” down top ring, 0.130” skirt thickness, and valve reliefs for performance camshafts. Keeping with the original design of the Coyote 5.0L engine, we designed the pistons to retain the highly valuable factory cooling nozzles to further help with heat dissipation.
- Bore: 3.630"
- Combustion Chambers: +4cc
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Pin: .866" x 2.500" with .200" Wall H-13 Tool Steel
- 0.300"+ thick piston crowns to withstand added combustion heat
- 0.300" down top ring to reduce ring overheating
- 0.130"+ skirt thickness for strength
- Valve reliefs for performance cams
- Retains factory cooling nozzles - a valuable feature of the Coyote 5.0L
- Ceramic coated crowns and Teflon coated skirts - standard on all custom L&M Engines pistons