The "Extra Mile" long block
Looking to make big power reliably? Welcome to L&M Engines.
This long block is based off of our LM345L (Texas Mile Long Block). There are several added necessity items to push the limits even further which defines this engine as "The Extra Mile". "The Extra Mile" is capable of handling large amounts of power reliably and efficiently. Every weak component has been upgraded for worry free enjoyment. "The Extra Mile" is the ultimate long block for street, track, and drag maintaining street manners with the track attitude you desire. As the years go by, more upgradable parts are designed, this engine is fully up to date in today's market with the best of the best internals.
If you're not first, you are last! Join team "L&M Race Engines" and put the pedal to the floor!
These "Extra Mile" includes the following
- L&M Engines Exclusive Ductile Iron Sleeves (thick wall & flanged)
- Billet Crankshaft- retains factory stroke and will come double keyed!
- Billet I Beam Connecting Rods
- Custom L&M880 Pistons ( Ceramic Coated Crown, Teflon Coated Skirt)
- King Coated Main & Rod Bearings
- ARP Main Studs, Side Bolts, Head Studs, Cam Bolts, Crank Stud
- Cometic Head Gaskets
- 10MM FGT Timing Components (REQUIRES VALVE COVER UPGRADE)
- 10MM Billet Primary & Stationary Guides
- L&M Billet 9 Way Secondary Gears (Fastened with ARP Bolts)
- Comp Adjustable Primary Sprockets (Fastened with ARP Bolts)
- Accufab Timing Pivot Pins
- L&M Custom Cams- Your Choice Of ( TMDR, Venom, NSR)
- L&M Custom Springs & Retainers
- Steel Back Oil Pump With TSS Oil Pump Gears
This can include the following at additional cost.
- FGT Valve Covers (Shelby Winkle Blue) + $695.00
- Timing Cover (Including factory hardware) + $795.00
- Cast Aluminum Oil Pan (Including factory hardware)+ $551.30
- Rear Seal Housing ( Including factory hardware) + $71.74
- ATI Balancer (Double Keyed) with Kinetik Crank Saver Stud $145.87+ $599
|Block||Ford 5.8L Aluminum Block with L&M Ductile Sleeves
|Crankshaft||Billet Crankshaft STD Stroke
|Pistons||LM880 Custom Pistons (9.5:1 CR other compression available as option)|
|Rods||Manley Pro I Beam Billet Rods|
|Rings||Total Seal AP Steel Rings
||L&M 10mm Billet Secondary, 10mm Adjustable Primary Gears, 10mm Primary & Secondary Chains, Billet Timing Guides, Modified Tensioners
|Main & Rod
||King Engine HP Series Main & Rod Bearings
|Fasteners||ARP main studs, side bolts and head studs, ARP Cam Bolts
CNC Ported GT500 Cylinder Heads, Titanium Valves, Upgraded Springs and Titanium Retainers
L&M Engines Custom Grind Installed and Degree
CNC Ported GT500 Heads
Preserve your stock cylinder heads by using L&M's supplied heads. In a full build package we use factory Ford GT500 cylinder heads that are then CNC ported to our specifications.
Super Cobra Jet Oil Pump with TSS Billet Oil Pump Gears
New super cobra jet oil pump with Triangle Speed Shop’s billet oil pump gears. A stout combination that corrects a common failure point on Modular Engines when pushing the horsepower limits.
Ferrea Super Alloy Valves
Ferrea super alloy valves are built to withstand the extreme heat requirements of turbocharged, supercharged, or nitrous oxide injected engines.
L&M Custom Camshafts Installed and Degree
We are the camshaft experts when it comes to the Ford Modular Engine. Every completed camshaft is verified against the design data to ensure the final product is within proper specifications. We then go on to use this production data to degree the camshafts into perfect position leaving no missed horsepower behind.
Full Race Engine Prep
Every engine gets the full race preparation whether it’s destined for the street or the track.
- Measure main bearing bores and alignment
- Install honing stress plates to measure plasma spray cylinders for size and fit
- Wash block for assembly
- Install pistons on rods with locks and check clearances
- Digitally balanced crankshaft
- Polish crankshaft and check journal dimensions
- Wash crankshaft for assembly
- Precision file end gaps of piston rings for required application
- Measure main & rod clearances, selective fit bearings for proper oil clearance, install bearings
- Assemble Ford Modular engine to short block configuration
- Review all dimensions & clearances
- Final QA and inspection
Some of Our Customers
Kenneth Polk’s 2013 GT500
During the March 2015 Texas Mile, the new guy, Kenny Polk and his 2013 GT500 broke the mile recording with an impressive run of 221.8 against a head wind. Also powered by one of our 5.8L long blocks it was able dethrone the previous record holder, which was also powered by one of our engines.
Kenny returned for the 2016 March Texas Mile where he was able to break the record again this time pushing his car to an impressive 232.4MPH run.